Stagecoach journeys, water tram cruises, the cruise to Serock and ferry crossings are subject to special organisation and tariff regulations.
The rules for the carriage of people, luggage, and animals on promotional-line vehicles organised by the Public Transport Authority [ZTM]
SECTION I: REGULATIONS FOR THE CARRIAGE OF PEOPLE, LUGGAGE, AND ANIMALS
Part I: General rules
1. The regulations for the carriage of people, luggage, and animals on promotional line vehicles organised by ZTM in Warsaw, hereinafter referred to as “Regulations”, specify the ordering principles and conditions pertaining to the carriage of people, luggage, and animals on promotional lines organised and supervised by the Capital City of Warsaw with the help of the organisational unit of the Capital City of Warsaw, i.e. the Public Transport Authority.
2. Terms used in the Regulations have the following definitions:
1) ZTM – Zarząd Transportu Miejskiego [Public Transport Authority]
2) vehicle – a means of transport employed by a carrier on promotional lines, including in particular:
a) riverboat – a tourist boat cruising along promotional lines,
b) ferry – a boat ferrying passengers on a river or a water reservoir;
3) carrier – an entity commissioned to provide transport services by ZTM on promotional lines,
4) transport – transport of people, luggage, animals conducted by carriers on promotional lines vehicles,
5) passenger – a person who made a carriage contract,
6) route – a sector including the first stop, intermediary stops, and the final stop.
3. A contract is made the moment one enters a vehicle.
Passengers and vehicle staff, transport supervisors, and ticket inspectors are obliged to adhere to the specifications of the present Regulations.
1. Vehicle staff and transport supervisors are entitled to give guidelines, comments, and commands in order to ensure passenger safety, the proper functioning of the carriage and the enforcing of the specifications of the present principles.
2. Passengers are obliged to unconditionally comply with guidelines, remarks and commands mentioned in section 1.
3. Should the route be changed in an emergency, the vehicle staff is obliged to inform passengers of the change in the fixed route.
The carrier is responsible for any damage a traveller may have suffered due to a too-early departure, delayed departure, or cancelling a journey by a vehicle.
A person who finds property left without care on a vehicle is obliged to immediately inform the vehicle staff of this fact.
Part II Transport of people
1. Entering and leaving a vehicle is only permitted at stops or in ports, after a vehicle has completely stopped or docked. Passengers who get off a vehicle have the right of way over those who get on the vehicle.
2. Priority at entering and leaving a vehicle should be given to:
1) persons carrying a child,
2) pregnant women,
3) handicapped persons.
3. It is forbidden to enter and leave a vehicle:
1) before the door has fully opened or the gangplank has been lowered,
2) after a signal announcing closing of the door or raising of the gangplank,
3) in case of vessels – by way other than gangplank,
4) without the consent of the vehicle staff.
4. Passengers are obliged to leave a vehicle at the final stop of the route.
5. The vehicle staff has the right to deny passengers entry to a vehicle if this could lead to surpassing of the maximum number of passengers on a given vehicle.
1. Persons who are troublesome, or threaten safety or order, might be removed from a vehicle at a stop or in port, or not allowed onto a carriage. Such passengers are not entitled to repayment for a journey which has not begun or ended.
2. Persons without a valid ticket who do not agree to settle payment for the carriage as specified in the fare rates included in Section II shall be asked to leave the vehicle.
3. The persons entitled to inspect travel tickets are the vehicle staff and ticket inspectors.
In promotional lines vehicles, at stops and in ports, passengers are not permitted to:
1) open a vehicle door during a ride or while the vehicle stops outside a stop/port,
2) lean out of a vehicle or propping against a vehicle door during a ride,
3) contaminate or litter or damage devices or equipment,
4) take seats which are not suitable for this purpose,
5) drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes,
6) drink or eat if this could get other passengers’ clothes dirty or make the vehicle dirty,
7) wear rollerblades, roller skates, or stand on skateboards,
8) bother other passengers or the vehicle staff,
9) bring animals onto a vehicle (does not apply to guide dogs for the blind) – excluding ferries,
10) bring on bicycles – excluding on ferries,
11) throw any objects out of the vehicle during a ride or at a stop,
12) approach the bank of a berth or a jetty placed outside the specified security line.
1. In promotional line vehicles children below 12 years of age are forbidden to travel without an adult.
Part III Carriage of luggage and animals
It is forbidden to transport the following objects in vehicles and to bring them within the area of stops and port:
1) inflammable, explosive, caustic or foul-smelling objects,
2) objects filling people with disgust,
3) objects, the carriage of which in the means of collective transport is forbidden based on separate regulations.
1) small domestic animals, if they are not burdensome for passengers and are placed in a basket, box, cage, etc. appropriate for animals, which ensure the safety of passengers,
2) dogs, provided that they are not aggressive, burdensome for passengers and they have a muzzle and are kept on a leash,
In the case of the passenger’s violation of provisions § 10 par. 1, § 11, § 12 par. 1 point 1, 2, par. 2 and par. 4, vehicle staff may request the passenger to leave the vehicle, together with luggage and animal.
SECTION II: TARIFF RULES
Table of fares and discounts on promotional lines
Types of ticket for one-way journey on promotional lines’ vehicles.
Family (from 3 to 5 persons, including at least one child under 18)
child under 18
1) Free before the compulsory education age
2) Ticket reduced by 50% - during compulsory education and before reaching the age of 18)
Boat to Serock
Carriage of luggage and animals
Processing fee for refunding ticket cost.
20% of the ticket value
1. Tickets bought in pre-sale may be returned, but not later than one day before the planned ride.
2. Cancellation of travel based on discounted family tickets – on the part of passengers – is allowed, provided the number of participants involved in the travel is not smaller than 3 persons, including one child under 18.
3. In the case of cancelling travel on a promotional line, the passenger is entitled to the repayment of the ticket price without incurring the processing fee.
1. The following people are entitled to travel free of charge:
1) children up to the age of compulsory schooling, based an oral statement by parents or guardians,
2) persons aged 70 or more – based on identity card or other document with a photo including the date of birth,
3) persons whose entitlements result from special Acts.
2. The following people are entitled to travel with a 50% discount:
1) students of primary, lower secondary, secondary schools – before reaching the age of 21 – based on valid student card,
2) persons whose entitlements result from special Acts.
3.1. A group consisting from 3 to 5 persons, including at least one child under 18, is entitled to travel based on a family ticket.
3.2 A family ticket comprises tickets:
1) for a parent/guardian – according to prices specified in the table of fares and discounts on promotional lines,
2) for children:
- up to the age of compulsory schooling – entitled to travel free of charge (based on an oral statement by parents/guardians) or
- during compulsory education and before reaching the age of 18 – a 50% discount (based on valid student card).
SECTION III: FINAL PROVISIONS
1. Complaints and requests regarding the carriage of persons, luggage and animals on promotional lines organised by the Capital City of Warsaw are examined by the Director of ZTM or another person authorised by the Director of the ZTM.
2. Complaints and requests, referred to in par. 1, may be filed in written or oral form on points specified by the Director of ZTM. The list of these points with the extract from the following principles are placed in each vehicle.
In matters not regulated by the following principles, the provisions of the Civil Code and Act of 15 November 1984 the Transport Law (consolidated text of 2000 Dz. U. [Journal of Laws] No. 50, item. 601 as amended), Act of 21 December 2000 on inland navigation (consolidated text of 2006 Dz. U. No. 123, item. 857 as amended) apply.